Please notice: We try to keep our infos up to date, but please always doublecheck with the official homepages of the regarding institutions!!!

How do I get my student ID (Studentenausweis)?

  • After your arrival you have to go to the IO’s Orientation Session where you will obtain documentation necessary for enrollment. Afterwards you have to go to the Studien- und Prüfungsabteilung, where your TU Account will be unlocked. In TISS you can order your student ID. (Further details such as the specific dates of the Orientation Sessions you can find on their homepage or in their welcome guide.)

Residence Registration (Bezirksanmeldung)

Within the first 3 days after your arrival at your new apartment, you have to register at the local authorities. For more information see this folder from the City of Vienna. (A list of  opening hours and adresses you can find here ). It’s free, you just need the form (Meldezettel) signed by your landlord and your passport.

“Anmeldebescheinigung” for EEA and Swiss nationals 

If you were able to enter Austria without visa (EU/EEA-citizens and Swiss nationals) and are staying for more than 3 months, you have to register as well at the “Amt der Wiener Landesregierung” service, in Dresdnerstraße (subway station Dresdnerstraße U6). There is an administrative fee to pay (about € 55,- for EU-citizens and Swiss).